Sunday, July 13, 2008

More updates. . .

Remember awhile back when I said I was called to be the Young Women's Camp Director. . . well I survived camp! I was really nervous when I got this calling, but this was one of the greatest experiences for me. I grew a strong love for these girls in just the few days we were at camp. We had camp in American Fork at the Altamont camp site. It was beautiful! Our Young Women's theme was S.T.A.R.S. (Standing Together As Righteous Sisters). The leaders in my ward helped me so much and I couldn't be more thankful for them. If it wasn't for them, I don't think I would've survived camp :) The food was amazing! And testimony meeting made camp perfect. I see the love these girls have for the gospel and I couldn't be more proud of them. I know that they will always remember this experience and I am so glad I was able to be a part of it. The first day we arrived to camp we hiked up to Stewart Falls. If you haven't done this yet, I definitely recommend it. The waterfall was amazing.



We had the coolest pavilion in the middle of our camp site. It was perfect weather and didn't rain. But if it did, we were prepared!


We also hiked up to Timpanogos Cave. That was a very steep hike. The guide said it was as high up as the Empire State Building. I have to admit, that hike was rough!


We ended up cutting out the hike we had planned to Silver Lake. We kind of wore the girls out :) So, the last activity we did was rappelling. That was so cool! I was really nervous at first because if you notice, the beginning is super steep. But once I started going down, it was fine. I will definitely have to do this again!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Quela said...

Only you Shawn... Camping and hiking, yet still have your hair down and perfectly in place. Only you.

Larry and Ashley said...

I'm so glad that you got to experience being the director! That had to be so much fun!