Thursday, December 18, 2008

Baby update. . .

This is just a quick update on how the baby is doing. I am a little behind on this, but I thought I would share the information anyway. I had my first ultrasound about 4 weeks ago (see I am way behind!) It was so cool! The baby had a good heartbeat and was squirming and kicking like crazy. The baby didn’t stop moving and flipping around – I definitely have a James Johnson in my belly. We then had another doctor’s appointment on Monday for the 15 week check up. We got to hear the heartbeat and once again the nurse said the baby was actively moving! These doctor’s appointments start to make things seem a little more real. Also the fact that my clothes are getting a little tight, but I won’t go into that! The doctor told me in the next couple of weeks my belly should start to show and then I won’t be able to hide it anymore. That is exciting, but it also is still the stage where people are not going to know for sure if I am pregnant or not. That is always awkward. We will be finding out what we are having January 21st and I am so excited! I am kind of hoping for a girl, but for some reason I feel like I am having a boy. Maybe that is because there are so many boys in the Johnson family, I feel like I am sure to add to the bunch! I will keep everyone posted on my next ultrasound and I promise I won’t wait this long next time.

10 comments:

{Rollins Family} said...

i'm so glad to hear everything is going so well shawn!!
don't you worry...i'm in the''is she or isn't she stage'' for people i think...then they look at Colter and say ''no, she isn't'' :( i'm just the ppor girl you CAN't lose the baby weight, ha ha ha. little do they know!! :)
I'll be waiting to hear what you have...i hope you have a baby girl like us so they can be aoftball buddies together :)

Quela said...

Great to hear everything is going good. You are going to make the cutest little pregnant woman. I can't wait to hear what you're having!

{lindy baker cakes} said...

Yay! That's so exciting! I'm so happy for you guys! I'm excited to find out what you're having. I'm finding out in 2 weeks at 16 weeks. Hopefully it's accurate. I think mine is a boy too. I'll be right there with you. :)

The Dumas Family said...

I'm so glad everything is perfect and you have a healthy little baby. I'm always encouraging folks NOT find out. It's way exciting, especially on your first baby. Just my opinion. Congratulations again!

The Dumas Family said...

I'm so glad everything is perfect and you have a healthy little baby. I'm always encouraging folks NOT find out. It's way exciting, especially on your first baby. Just my opinion. Congratulations again!

JACC said...

That is so exciting. Definately keep us updated, those of us that don't get to see you often can't wait to hear! Congrats again...
ps: cute background.

heather p said...

i can't wait to see what little person is inside your tummy! i'm so excited for you!

Larry and Ashley said...

I can't WAIT for my little niece or nephew! I can't even explain! For some reason I keep saying he...but I'm hoping for another niece! And yes I love your background...I just might copy you because I think mine looks completely retarted! Haha it doesn't even match! It's bugging me.

Larry and Ashley said...

OH MY GOSH...Chane...the next time I see you it will be CHRISTMAS!! YAY!!!!! :)

Katie said...

Britney Spears tickets I love it! HAVE FUN. Yes, I am now a fellow blogger.. I am going to try anyway.. How are things? Things are good.. might be getting my tonsils out. lol- exciting, I know!! I hope you are well... my blog is - i think, socialworkergirl07