Monday, February 25, 2008

New Calling!


Right now James and I are primary teachers for the most wonderful 11 year olds. We have 8 kids in our class – 5 boys and 3 girls. I have been very content with my calling and have had no problems. At church yesterday, a member of the bishopric as if James and I were going to be in this same ward during the summer. My first instinct was, oh no, why? : ) But, of course we said yes and then he asked if he could talk to me for a bit. We started talking and he asked me if I would take on one of the biggest callings I have ever had. . . Young Women’s
Camp Director! Ahh! I was really stressing out, just ask my husband. Of course I couldn’t say no because there has to be a reason why I was called to do this. The Young Women’s President recommended me because she thought the kids could really look up to me. I just keep thinking, I am one of the youngest married girls in the ward, how could I possibly do this! I haven’t received any of the details yet, but after doing some research online it seems as though I am in charge of planning the whole thing. The meetings, theme, activities, food, etc. This is going to be quite a challenge for me. I think I am almost ready for it. : ) I went to girls camp my first 3 years with my friends, so it has been quite awhile. I pray that things run smoothly and I can plan the best trip for the girls in my ward. I am really nervous, but I guess this will be a test to see if I can handle my future job as an event planner. Any ideas, please shoot them my way. I need all the help I can get. I love you all!

11 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Wow! I am glad it's you! No really I think that you will do such an awesome job!! Maybe you should talk to Mars, she may have some ideas since she is with the YW too. How fun! Good luck! We love you!

{Rollins Family} said...

That woudl be so much fun, i loved girls camp, and i agree, the girls will totally look up to you. YOu won't only be looked at as their leader but as a friend. You are going to do GREAT!

Charley said...

Wow, what a great calling for you! I think the girls will love you and I'm sure you will have a great time! Good luck!

monkeystevens said...

Holy cow that will be so much fun!!! For some reason even though my mom hates camping more than anything else in the whole wide world she gets called to cook for it every year--I'll ask her for some ideas. Remind me. I forget sometimes.

nicci said...

oh wow!! like steph i'm glad its you!! i'd stay in the primary forever if they'd let me. haha!! you'll do great though, i think it'll be good for the girls to have someone closer to their age. good luck!!

Larry and Ashley said...

Thats awesome! I really think you will have a blast and youre exactly right it will totally test you on whether or not this job you are pursuing is right for you! You will do so good I know it!!

Quela said...

That's awesome! I'm actually kinda jealous. I would love that calling. Girls camp is my favorite. I've been more times than I can count and have been a leader at it 3 times, so if you need any ideas or help just let me know. I really think you'll be great at it. And have so much fun with the girls. Good Luck.

K. Crisler said...

As you probably recall my mom was camp director for years. I am sure she would be happy to talk with you about it and give you some ideas.

heather p said...

wow, thats a big one! i attended camp but never planned much except for maybe the food. if i think of anything i'll let you know!

Larry and Ashley said...

Update please!!! :)

Brandon & Meghan said...

Hey guys!! It was good to see on Thursday...if you are ever in SLC, give us a call!!